Our mission is to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening, and to promote civic beauty by encouraging and contributing to landscape development.
Because of the uncertainty of the coronavirus timeline, the Garden Club is making these announcements:
- Membership dues are being waived for the next year – September 2020 thru June 2021. Reimbursements will occur, rest assured.
- Our lovely yearbook will not be published for that time period.
- Garden Club Journal will not be published on a regular basis as well.
- Administrative Board meeting in summer is cancelled. The budget cannot be formulated based on cancellations of group activities.
- Holly Berry Brunch is cancelled for December, 2020.
On behalf of the entire Administrative Board, it is with great sadness that all our happy events, gatherings, meetings, and fund-raisers are cancelled.
All of us have faith & hope in the discovery of a vaccine, however vaccines go through animal trials, human trials, and then FDA approval. All of these steps are time-consuming. It could take up to 18 months.
There are many, many members with pre-existing health issues that are greatly at risk and we urge them to keep well by staying home, wearing a mask & gloves when out, and to respect social distancing of 6 feet. Our state of Michigan is not Wyoming. On the “hot bed” map, it is red, not dark red like New York, however, still red. A “hot bed” nonetheless. With this status, it is the Board’s consensus that all of these conditions are met with urgent caution.
Please consider our Garden Club on hiatus until further notice. We will desperately miss each other. We wish you good health, and pray that all of us will navigate this crisis without harm. God bless you and keep you safely in the palm of his hand.
Your President will keep you all in her prayers & will be actively working hard on advising Victory Gardens and working on the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry.
~Mindy Delano, President & Board of Directors